- Focus on Belgium and the Netherlands
- Other Eurozone countries also in scope
Expected portfolio composition
- Belgium: it is expected that Belgium will re-appear in PPP landscape given the necessity for infrastructure investments and the clarification on treatment of PPPs by Eurostat since September 2016. Expected pipeline for PPP is both newly built projects (prisons, roads, schools), expansions of existing infrastructure (roads) and refurbishment of existing infrastructure (tunnels, roads, buildings).
- Netherlands: the Dutch PPP market is currently one of Europe’s leading markets. There are further potential PPP opportunities announced in the Netherlands with a strong pipeline until 2020, mainly in transport infrastructure.
- EPICo is well equipped to take on this challenge as we have a strong, agile, experienced and local team available with a proven track record.
- Renewable energy:
- Onshore and offshore wind
- Bio mass
- Geothermal power
- Other infrastructure:
- Energy storage and grids
- Regulated assets
- Care and cure
- Local social infrastructure
EPICo has built strong relationships with private initiators as well as with procuring authorities and has a very hands-on approach in developing financing structures to facilitate new types of infrastructure assets to be realized.
EPICo has the ambition to deliver financial innovation to projects and stakeholders by exploring new paths that lead to better value for money.